Food Services Supervisor
Job ID: 00940248
Facility: Vernon Jubilee Hospital
Status: Relief Full Time
Interior Health is hiring a Relief Full Time, Food Services Supervisor for Vernon Jubilee Hospital.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements,
and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the
• Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
• Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment,
coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
• Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Food Safe Certificate
• Current Membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management is considered an asset
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition # 00940248