Support Services Supervisor - Creston, BC
Support Services Supervisor
Job ID: 00920391
Facility: Creston Valley Hospital
Status: Permanent Full Time
Interior Health is hiring a Permanent Full Time Support Services Supervisor for Creston Valley Hospital and Swan Valley Lodge in beautiful Creston, BC. If you have graduated from a 2 years program in Food Service Supervision, and are an active member with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management - Apply today!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Support Service Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food, Housekeeping and Laundry Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Service Supervisor include:
• Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and
orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
• In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet
needs of the patients/residents.
• Estimates food, housekeeping and laundry requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies
• Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
• Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies
for the assigned areas.
• Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
• Directs a variety of cleaning duties such as cleaning of patients rooms before and after discharge, disinfecting washrooms,
changing drapes and cubicle curtains, and vacuuming and polishing floors.
• Directs a variety of laundry/linen duties including ordering of clean linens from Regional Laundry, preparing
soiled linens, loading/unloading of washers/dryers, and the distribution of linens throughout the facility.
• Performs and/or directs a variety of dietary duties, such as preparing and cooking food
• Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
• Ensures communications between the co-workers, other staff, committees and administration is effective.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
• One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Current Membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management.
• Food Safe Certificate
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
* Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision and Food Safe certificate.*
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition #00920391