Food Service Supervisor - Part-Time - Brantford, ON
Province: Ontario [ON]
Title/Titre: Food Service Supervisor
Sector: Morrison [Healthcare Dining Services]
Unit: Brantford General Hospital
About Us Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People , Great Service , Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position Summary Position: Food Service Supervisor
Location: Brantford, ON
• We are looking for a part-time Food Service Supervisor to assist in delivering the best service and quality with our operations team.
• Candidates must be current members of the CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers) and have previous Healthcare food
services management experience.
With a ' Can-Do' attitude and ' Passion for Excellence ', the Supervisor ensures that superior quality and variety of food are delivered to our clients in addition to assisting in:
• Delivering best results and is involved in all aspects of patient food services operations, including purchasing, production,
assembly, distribution, and sanitation.
• Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the department, establishing and maintaining standards of quality of services.
• Ensure the highest QA standards are maintained and in compliance with industry, company and legislative standards.
• Management, coaching and development of the team, and implementing and managing performance improvement programs.
• All phases of operational planning and expenditures, inventory management, procurement budgeting, costing and financial reporting.
• Coordination of inventory and procurement/purchasing for the patient food services department, ensuring purchased products
• Enhance service coordination and relationship building with other departments and clinical representatives through effective
communication and solid interpersonal skills
The Supervisor reports to the Food Service Manager
Qualifications Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
• Current active status as Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
• Degree or Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management, Business Administration or Hotel and Restaurant Management
• Proven and progressive leadership experience in Healthcare food services
• Proficiency in dietary software, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) etc.
• Previous experience in financial management of budgets, contracts and project costs
• Current with the latest innovative trends in patient food services
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, work with, and develop direct reports and front-line staff during times of change
and shifting priorities.
• Proven leadership experience in a labour environment
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
Job Type: Part-time
Interested Applicants can send their resume to Matthew Elliott at matthew.Elliott@chsys.org