Food Service Supervisor - Temporary Part Time - Stratford, ON
Temporary Part- Time Food Service Supervisor
Spruce Lodge in a 128-bed municipal home for the aged located in Stratford, Ontario. We are currently seeking an experienced individual to fill the Temporary Part Time position of a Nutrition Supervisor. This position will be 24 hours weekly for a 12-18 month contract and will commence on or about the middle of February. Spruce Lodge pays for a full 8 hour day and also provides a free meal.
• Safe Food Handling Certificate
• A current member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management
• A diploma in Food in Nutrition Management or equivalent
• Supervisory Experience would be an asset
• Physically able to perform assigned duties
• Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices and legislation
• Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• High level of computer skills, oral and written communication skills are essential
1. Approving and filing of bills for purchased good and services.
2. Monitoring budget and projection of expenditures.
3. Assisting in long range planning related to the Department and the Spruce Lodge complex.
4. Planning, directing and coordinating all activities of the Nutrition Services Department.
5. Menu Planning.
6. Providing foods for Outreach programs and catered functions, as requested.
7. Maintaining inventory records.
8. Ordering and receiving of goods.
9. Maintaining and improving standards of food preparation, sanitation, safety, care and proper use of equipment.
10. Co-ordinating meals for the Meals on Wheels program.
11. Informing all staff on the policies of the Lodge.
12. Maintaining good public relations with other departments.
13. Assisting the Nutrition Manager as required.
Resumes for this position will be accepted until Tuesday January 16th 2018 and can be sent to Sandy Erb at email@example.com
For more information about Spruce Lodge, please see our website www.sprucelodge.on.ca