Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Aramark is looking for a Manager, Support Services to oversee multiple properties north of Winnipeg in Selkirk and Beausejor.
Reporting to a Regional Director the Manager, Support Services oversees the day to day operations of food services, housekeeping and laundry services for the assigned facility. The position functions in a manner consistent with and supports the mission, vision and values of the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority.
Please note that this is a permanent role with a 4 day work week or 0.8FTE.
Essential Functions and Duties
Functions and duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures responsible financial management that is consistent with Interlake-Eastern RHA’s budget and policy.
- Supports an environment which avoids, prevents, and corrects all activities or actions which may result in an adverse outcome in the delivery of health care services.
- Ensures effective communication within the department and the organization.
- Keeps current on developments within support services management.
- Ensures the provision of food, laundry and housekeeping services in the assigned facility.
- Prepares and administers the department’s budget, including determining staffing and operational needs; approves and monitors departmental expenditures.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of staff.
- Nurtures a consultative relationship with the Clinical Team Manager and other departments to provide relevant support for their facilities.
- Reports significant issues as they occur to Regional Director of Support Services
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification in Health Services Management OR Canadian Healthcare Association Food Service Certificate OR Completion of post-secondary education (University or Community College) in Business Administration or related areas.
- Certificate in Food Safety Training
- Proven related knowledge and experience in an institutional food, housekeeping and laundry setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of theories, principles and operational practices integral to food, laundry and housekeeping services management.
- Knowledge of Food and Environmental Service Standards.
- Knowledge of accounting and business practices as related to Support Services.
- Knowledge of and the ability to work with diverse cultures.
- Three years management experience in the Health Care field in Food, Housekeeping and Laundry Services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrates good supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, demonstrating considerable judgment, courtesy, and tact. Managers must conduct all communications in a business-like manner with an emphasis on providing solutions.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate staff, directly and through multiple levels of supervision.
- Ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations confidentially using sound, independent judgment within general policy and legal guidelines.
- Involve relevant stakeholder when responding to inquiries/issues. Acknowledge inquiries/issues in a timely manner.
- Ethical decision making based on the betterment of the organizations and budgetary considerations.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships both individually and in a team setting.
- Demonstrated organization, prioritization and time management skills required.
- Valid drivers’ license as travel throughout the region is required
- Completes and maintains a satisfactory pre-employment security check
- Satisfactory employment record
You can visit the Aramark Careers site to apply to this requisition here: https://cacareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/146723/support-services-manager%2c-healthcare-%280.8-fte%29---north-of-winnipeg/job
Alternatively, you can email your application directly to Lucy Morozov, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org