Patient - Food Service Supervisors - Oshawa, ON
Compass Group Canada is the leading foodservice and support services company in Canada with over 26,000 associates and annual managed revenues of $1.8 billion in 2016. Employing 500,000 associates worldwide, its parent company, UK-based Compass Group PLC had revenues of £17.6 billion in 2016.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent -- Great People, Great Service, Great Results!
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
Position: Patient, Food Service Supervisors (FSS) Location: Oshawa, Ontario
We have a terrific opportunity for an outgoing Food Service Supervisor (FSS), to work with our Patient Dietary team and help deliver best service and dietary quality at Lakeridge Health.
With a “Can Do” attitude and a “Passion for Excellence”, the Supervisor proactively assists in delivering best results and is involved in all aspects of the patient food services operations including,
- Provide on the floor supervision, assisting with managing personnel, food and equipment costs and will delegate responsibilities and duties to others in the department.
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities of the department, establishing and maintaining standards of quality of services.
- Staffing, purchasing, production, assembly, distribution, and sanitation, H&S and QA.
- Assist in the training of staff, implementing and managing performance improvement program.
- Ensure the highest QA standards are maintained and in compliance with industry, company and legislative standards.
- Assist in management, coaching and development of the team, and implementing and managing performance improvement programs.
- Assist the Manager with all phases of operational planning and expenditures,
- The successful candidate may be responsible for the coordination of inventory and procurement for the patient food services department, ensuring purchased products meet specifications.
- Enhance service coordination and relationship building within the food service department and with other departments and clinical representatives through effective communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- This position reports to the Food Service Manager onsite.
- This is a part time position which typically works on a 12-hour or 4-hour shift basis, with alternating weekends and assists in providing vacation coverage for the full time supervisors
Required: (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- A Great Attitude!
- Member of CSNM (Canadian Society of Nutrition Management)
- Food and Nutrition Management Diploma from an approved Community College and/or university degree in Food Service and Nutrition.
- Proven supervisory and leadership experience managing multiple units, preferably in a unionized environment
- Excellent customer and client-relationship skills
- Solid computer skills including food service, purchasing and nutrition systems
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong supervisory, leadership and coaching skills,
- Highly organized with creative problem solving skills
- Able to accommodate 12 hour shift-based schedule.
- AFST - Advanced Food Safety Training (or will complete in first 90 days)
- CBORD or similar menu/dietary system
- Previous experience in an acute healthcare environment - strongly preferred
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply directly to:
Manager, Food Services
1 Hospital Court
Oshawa, Ontario L1G 2B9
Thank you for your interest in a career with Compass Group.