Each and every day 11,000 Sienna Senior Living team members wake up with a common sense of purpose: to enrich the lives of residents, a desire that in turn enriches their own lives. Our team members know they’ve made a difference at the end of each day; they know their actions have helped others feel better than they thought possible.
The Food Services Supervisor is accountable to manage all aspects of the dietary department through effective planning, evaluation and direction to meet the nutritional needs of the residents in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
• Supervises all production including food and non-food purchases, receiving, inventory control, implementation and follow up
of Production sheets in the department.
• Ensures that the Dietary Department operates in compliance with provincial long-term care legislation related to dietary
standards, as well as with other relevant legislation affecting the department e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Committee,
Ontario Labour Act, Union agreements, Human Rights Code, Public Health legislation.
• Supervises the preparation and service of all meals and nourishments following specified menus and standardized recipes.
• Conducts daily inspections of the Department to identify and/or resolve any potential hazards.
• Participates in the recruitment, orientation, performance management, training and education for all department staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of a recognized Food Service Supervisor/Nutrition Managers course.
• Degree in dietetics or food service administration and management is an asset.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing and a minimum
of 2 years’ experience in the long-term care home sector is an asset.
• Must be a member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management. Student memberships are not applicable.
• Must be knowledgeable of the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, Food Safety Code of Practice and Canada's Food Guide
to Healthy Eating, ORCA, relevant sections of the Long Term Care Homes Act and regulations and OH&S Act.
Location: TULLAMORE CARE COMMUNITY
Posting Open Date: October 4, 2017
Posting Close Date: October 18, 2017
Act upon your desire to help others, an aspiration that exists within all of us. Join Sienna Senior Living and help us to continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly to:
NAME: Eugene Derro
JOB TITLE: Director of Dietary Services
ADDRESS: Tullamore Care Community
133 Kennedy Road South
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
Who We Are
Our more than 11,000 dedicated team members are passionate about caring for older people and are united by a belief in the warmth of human connection. We are one of Canada’s largest owners and operators of seniors’ living, with 54 high-quality seniors’ residences in Ontario and British Columbia comprising independent living, assisted living, long-term care and specialized programs and services for seniors.
Our aim is to consistently create a positive resident experience, along with a high-performing team and workplace culture that are driven by shared values and a commitment to innovation and excellence. As leaders in the sector, we leverage technology and best practices to constantly set new benchmarks for quality. At the same time, we never lose sight of our vision—to awaken our communities to the positive possibilities of life’s next chapters.
Sienna Senior Living is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:SIA).