Casual Support Services Supervisor - Cranbrook, BC
Support Services Supervisor
Job ID: 00989360
Facility: East Kootenay Regional Hospital
Interior Health is hiring a Casual Support Services Supervisor for East Kootenay Regional Hospital in Cranbrook, BC. If you have graduated from a 2 years program in Food Service Supervision - Apply today!
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Support Service Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food, Housekeeping and Laundry Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Service Supervisor include:
- Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
- In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
- Estimates food, housekeeping and laundry requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
- Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
- Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
- Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
- Directs a variety of cleaning duties such as cleaning of patients rooms before and after discharge, disinfecting washrooms, changing drapes and cubicle curtains, and vacuuming and polishing floors.
- Directs a variety of laundry/linen duties including ordering of clean linens from Regional Laundry, preparing soiled linens, loading/unloading of washers/dryers, and the distribution of linens throughout the facility.
- Performs and/or directs a variety of dietary duties, such as preparing and cooking food
- Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
- Ensures communications between the co-workers, other staff, committees and administration is effective.
Hours of work: Rotating days, 08:00 - 16:00
Mountains of Opportunity! Cranbrook is situated in arguably the sunniest part of British Columbia. Nestled in a broad open valley located between the Rocky Mountains to the east and the older Purcell Mountains to the west, it offers a world-class golf destination, perfect conditions for outdoor activities, such as horse riding, hiking and biking or a relaxing afternoon boating on the lake. The winter brings great opportunities for alpine skiing or cross country skiing which starts right at the city limits. Snowmobiling is a popular activity with the locals and there is an almost limitless network of trails to discover and explore. Cranbrook is home to the main campus of the College of the Rockies. Forestry, mining, manufacturing, tourism, trade, service and transportation make up the economic backbone of the East Kootenay region.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current Membership with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management. (Check with Manager)
- Food Safe Certificate
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition #00989360