Casual Food Services Supervisor - Nelson, BC
Food Services Supervisor
Job ID: 01020973
Facility: Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital
Interior Health is hiring a Casual Food Services Supervisor for Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital in beautiful Nelson, BC.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
- Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
- In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
- Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
- Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
- Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
- Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
- Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
- Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
- Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
- Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, 08:00 - 16:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2016! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
- Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition #01020973