POSITION TITLE: Food Service Manager
REPORTS TO: Administrator
POSITION TYPE: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: Idlewyld Manor
449 Sanatorium Road, Hamilton, Ontario
Idlewyld Manor is a 192 bed not for profit long term care Facility. Our mission is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing excellence in health and personal care in a safe homelike environment. We strive to be the Community’s first choice in Long Term Care.
Reporting to the Administrator, the Food Service Manager is responsible for directing, planning, organizing and overseeing the daily activities of the Nutrition and Food Services Department to ensure the nutrition needs of each resident at Idlewyld Manor are met on a day-to-day basis within the established budget and existing legislative parameters.
- Graduate of an accredited Food Service Supervisory program or equivalent
- Member in good standing of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
- Current Food Handler’s Certificate
- Recent work experience in a supervisory position in a long term care setting is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills, flexibility and able to meet deadlines
- Provide departmental leadership to ensure high quality, solutions focused, and resident-centered approach to service delivery
- Oversee seasonal menu recipe development and organize ordering, receiving and inventory control ensuring budgeted food costs are maintained
- Supervision of food service preparation and distribution including catering services
- Assist the Registered Dietitian with clinical nutrition activities (RAI/MDS and PCC assessments)
- Hiring and mentoring employees ensuring performance is compliant with policies/procedures and MOHLTC Standard for Food Services
- Daily communication with staff, daily inspection of all areas, dining room visits and meal rounds
- Attend leadership, department, residents council and food committee meetings
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension package
Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence to http://bit.ly/Idlewyld-FSM or to the attention of
HR Associate, Thrive Group
125 Redfern Avenue
Hamilton, ON L9C 7W9
Fax: 905 383 0796
Application Deadline: September 18, 2017
Idlewyld Manor welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation in the completion of this application please contact the Thrive Group HR Department at 905-383-0448.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.