Seasons Retirement Communities (Seasons Bell Lane) is seeking a Red Seal certified chef to fill the role of Dining Services Manager at their community in Brantford Ontario. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidate to participate as a member of the management team and to facilitate all aspects of the dining services department in the beautiful Seasons community. The successful candidate will be responsible for areas including:
Qualifications or Skill Required:
• Must be able to read and communicate effectively
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
• Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors
• Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
• Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
• Must be able to operate related equipment
• Must have/will obtain CPR and First Aid
• Must have/will obtain Smart Serve certification
• Must have/will obtain Class G Driver's License
• Must have chef's Red Seal Certification
• Prepares or monitors the preparation of daily meal service and special events to ensure individual dietary needs of the
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs,
resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction
• Ensuring that the services provided to resident’s meets or exceeds expectations
• Provides leadership and direction to food services staff
• Organizing and directing staff orientation and in-service training programs
• Forecasting, monitoring and approving expenditures from the budget allocated to food services
• Maximizing the purchasing power while maintaining or exceeding facility quality and service standards and Provincial and
• Developing and implementing inventory control systems to maximize saving and minimize waste.
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, visitors and staff. The ability to provide leadership and direction to the dining services staff as well as experience as a working chef is required.Minimum two years of experience with a volume food preparation environment within the seniors housing industry is preferred.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required. Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons“) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in a position at Seasons Retirement Communities!
Please go to the Careers page of our website to apply.
Once you have applied we will then be able to send you an invitation to your first interview at the Community which is a mandatory part of our recruitment process.
Thank you again and we look forward to meeting you!