Assistant Director of Food Services (1 Year Contract) - Guelph, ON
We are currently seeking a Temporary Full Time (one year contract) Assistant Director of Food Services to join our team at the Village of Riverside Glen located in Guelph, Ontario.
At Schlegel Villages, we aspire to provide all members of our communities, including team members, with a life enriching experience. Family owned and operated, we take our mission seriously: “to provide holistic health care in a home environment, located within an internal neighborhood design that promotes a caring community with emphasis on optimal health and life purpose for each resident”.
Our team members are passionate about providing the highest quality of services to our residents. They not only have the right skills and knowledge, but more importantly, share the organizational values. They have the right attitude; and view their role as not just a job but a calling. In all of our departments, we recruit only the best.
Schlegel Villages provides ongoing training and education programs to make sure our team members’ skills and knowledge are cutting edge. At our Villages, we realize that the highest quality of service does not just happen – it is the result of a good deal of focused effort.
We want to hire the best people, provide the best training and education, and support them with the best leadership. Our commitment to these objectives creates a culture and environment of positive engagement on our journey to change the culture of aging.
The Assistant Director of Food Service (ADFS) assists the Director of Food Services in leading the preparation and serving of Food, and maintaining the Food Services Department in a clean manner, up to and exceeding all standards by Public Health and Ministry of Health. The ADFS ensures that diet and nutritional requirements of residents are met. The ADFS assists the Director of Food Services in the role of purchasing, managing Food Services work schedules and payroll duties.
• Must be a member of Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM) and maintains active membership
• Has proven experience in large quantity food preparation, financial planning and food purchasing
• Has supervisory experience (experience in a seniors setting preferred)
• Uses nutrition knowledge of seniors to complete quarterly assessments/RAPs
• Must demonstrate a creative flare for menu planning, preparation and presentation
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
• Has strong leadership skills and proven ability to supervise and secure the co-operation of Food Services Team
• Works with and communicates effectively with the older adult population as well as their family and/or caregivers
• Is familiar with the Ontario Food Premises Regulation, CARF, ORCA, Ontario Long-Term Care Facility Program manual
and OH&S Act
Schlegel Villages is pleased to accommodate individual needs in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), within our recruitment process. If you require accommodation at any time throughout the recruitment process, please speak with the hiring leader.
If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please visit www.schlegelvillages.com/careers complete a candidate profile and upload a current resume.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.