Support Services Supervisor
Job ID: 01041798
Facility: Elk Valley Hospital
Status: Relief Full Time
Interior Health is hiring a Relief Full Time Support Services Supervisor for Elk Valley Hospital in Fernie, BC. If you have graduated from a 2 years program in Food Service Supervision - Apply today!
Situated about halfway up the western slope of the Crowsnest Pass and surrounded by snow-capped peaks, Fernie has a timeless charm. People come here for the powder – an average winter will dump almost 9m/29ft of the stuff on Fernie Alpine Resort. Winter offerings include skiing and snowboarding, cat-skiing, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling. In the spring, when snow reluctantly retreats from the Elk Valley in the Kootenay Rockies, new possibilities are revealed. These include fly-fishing, hiking, river rafting and mountain biking.
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Support Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food, Housekeeping and Laundry Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Support Services Supervisor include:
- Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
- In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
- Estimates food, housekeeping and laundry requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
- Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
- Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
- Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
- Directs a variety of cleaning duties such as cleaning of patients rooms before and after discharge, disinfecting washrooms, changing drapes and cubicle curtains, and vacuuming and polishing floors.
- Directs a variety of laundry/linen duties including ordering of clean linens from Regional Laundry, preparing soiled linens, loading/unloading of washers/dryers, and the distribution of linens throughout the facility.
- Performs and/or directs a variety of dietary duties, such as preparing and cooking food
- Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
- Ensures communications between the co-workers, other staff, committees and administration is effective.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
- Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition # 01041798