Food and Nutrition Manager - Hamilton, ON
Chartwell Willowgrove Long Term Care Residence is actively recruiting for a Food and Nutrition Manager. This role reports directly to the Administrator for the Long Term Care Centre and is responsible for the overall operation of the Dietary Department including supervision and coordination of staffing needs.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the kitchen is maintained to public health and MOHLTC guidelines;
- Hiring, orientating, educating, and supervising of dietary staff;
- Budget control, as well as inventory and ordering processes;
- Participation in the Continuous Quality Improvement program;
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- 2-3 years of related experience in a retirement residence/long term care home, hotel, or restaurant;
- Graduate from a recognized program in Food and Nutrition Management, in addition, the incumbent must be an
active member in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian, with a current provincial
Safe Food Handling Certificate.
Candidates are invites to submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search, which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Chartwell Retirement Residences (“Chartwell”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Chartwell's Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Chartwell's hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.