Cook - Part-Time, Toronto - Etobicoke, ON
IVAN FRANKO HOME
767 Royal York, Toronto, Ontario M8Y 2T3
Oct 31, 2017
Candidates are invited to apply for the above position in Ukrainian Home.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Ensuring that proper meals are prepared and served on time and that work areas are maintain in a sanitary condition; directs dietary aides and assist in the purchasing and receiving of food and other supplies.
- Reports to Food Service Supervisor.
- Ensure that establish policies, procedure and work assignment are followed.
- Ensure that meals are prepared according to the standardized menu.
- Assist the Food Service Supervisor in developing and standardized menu.
- Attend in-service education session, staff meeting, workshop etc. as directed by the Food Service Supervisor.
- Previous experience in a food preparation environment in the health care
- Preferred Red Seal or current equivalent qualifications as a Cook from a recognized cooking program;
- Food Handler Certificate ;
- Working knowledge of special diets;
- Understanding and experience of the Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) program and food safety plan;
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
- Customer service orientation
- Ukrainian speaking preferred
APPLY TO: Galyna.Holouko@one-mail.on.ca
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 30, 2017
Please submit your application in writing.