Director, Food Services
(Permanent, Full Time)
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital Food Services Department provides inpatient food services, operates a cafeteria, and implements programs such as healthy foods in hospitals and Meals on Wheels. The Director, Food Services is responsible for the organization and direction of the Dietary Department within the context of these functions and in accordance with the Hospital’s strategic plan.
RVH is currently seeking a highly motivated individual who has strong management and interpersonal skills, leadership ability, and several years’ experience working in a healthcare setting. Key focuses of the position include: managing the day-to-day operations of the Department; managing fiscal, human and material resources; identifying and implementing innovative approaches to achieve Departmental objectives; active participation on the hospital wellness committee; equipment procurement; and, maintaining compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements. Preference will be given to candidates that have the following Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition or equivalent;
- Membership in Dietitians of Canada;
- Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Minimum of three years recent management experience in a healthcare environment;
- Sound knowledge of legislative and industry standards;
- Ability to make frequent independent decisions and adaptations of standard procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, and achieve objectives within deadlines; and,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes by June 2nd, 2017 at 12:00 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org or Julia Boudreau, V.P. Corporate Services, RVH, 499 Raglan Street North, Renfrew, Ontario, K7V 1P6. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants requiring accommodation should contact Human Resources at (613) 432-4851.