Two Positions - Manager Food Service & Assistant Manager Food Service, Kitchener, ON
MANAGER FOOD SERVICE & ASSISTANT MANAGER FOOD SERVICE
Positions: Manager Food Services -Full Time Salaried Position
Assistant Manager Food Services-2 days per week-Hourly
Lanark Heights in Kitchener, Ontario is an established and progressive 160 bed Long Term Care Community that fosters a joy of living through genuine friendship and innovative approach to care for residents. It is one of 7 homes owned by Steeves & Rozema Enterprises Limited that has been enriching lives for seniors in Southwestern Ontario for over three decades. We are seeking a self directed and dynamic individual whose leadership qualities will facilitate effective employee performance and foster an energetic and cooperative work environment. The individual must be able to work independently and also as a member of the healthcare management team in the Home, in addition, the Manager is expected to work as a team member with the Director of Nutrition & Culinary Services at head office and sister homes. The individual must ensure service delivery of meals and nourishments to residents throughout the home by ensuring the residents plan of care are effectively implemented. You will lead your team in the provision of excellent customer service delivery and superior meal quality to all long term care residents ensuring adherence to legislative requirements. You will report directly to the Administrator of the home. The measure of our success is the passion our residents feel for the community and our team members for their work.Qualifications
- Must be an active member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian.
AccountabilitiesFood Services Operations:- Planning, organizing, directing and administrating the activities of the food service department.- Attend resident multidisciplinary care conferences as stated in the LTC standards.- Complete nutritional care for all residents on an ongoing basis in conjunction with the Clinical Dietitian, which includes
- Minimum of 3 years of long term care experience.
- Knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007 related to nutritional standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership and management skills.
- Strong computer skills required including knowledge of Point Click Care & Synergy on Demand
the development of nutritional care plans, charting in resident’s charts and updating required diet list, etc as required.- Interpret and individualize residents’ therapeutic diets and supplements as well as other aspects of the care plan that
- Participate in budget control through monitoring food and supply costs and minimizing waste.- Order food and supplies and complete month end inventory.- Develops theme meals and resident choice meals and standardized recipes in conjunction with residents, and Life Enrichment
Manager- Participate in the development of departmental policies and procedures, utilizing input from team members, residents and
families whenever possible to ensure their implementation.- Supervise maintenance of records and reports relating to food costs, inventory of equipment and supplies, portion control
systems, and department budget.- Manages total expenses so that these are less than or equal to budget set in the annual budget process.
- Chair and respond to the needs brought forward from the Residents’ Food Committee.Quality Improvement/Risk Management:- Ensure that all policies relating to Health and Safety are adhered to.- Complete audits relating to Quality as outlined by the Policies and Procedures according to S & R Nursing Homes.- Ensure that sanitation regulations and safe food handling procedures are followed.Human Resources Management:- Ensure the department team member levels are appropriate from a competency and skill basis given the needs of
the residents.- Hire, orient and schedule all food service team members.- Assess and revise job routines for each position within department as required.- Oversee and ensure that all aspects of the performance management and discipline processes are in keeping with
S&R policies and legal requirements.- Conduct monthly meetings with foodservice team members on a regularly scheduled basis.- Facilitate open communication with foodservice team members through communication books, memorandums and
monthly meetings.- Support team members by being visible and available to team members on a daily basis and asking key questions to
determine what is needed for them to be successful in their role.- Ensure that all new team members and volunteers receive an orientation in keeping with S&R expectations and policies.- Communicate, support, follow and enforce the Code of Conduct and Conflict Resolution process.Additional Duties and Responsibilities:- Participate in interdisciplinary committees and activities as required.- Act as food service liaison with all other departments within home.
A current criminal reference check including a Vulnerable Sector Screening is required. Salary for the above position will commensurate with qualifications and experience for the Manager Food Services. Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter indicating what position they are applying for (Full-time Manager Food Service or the Part-time Assistant Manager Food Services) and resume in writing on or before June 2, 2017 to:
Hildy NickelAdministratorLanark Heights Nursing Home46 Lanark Crescent, Kitchener, Ontario, N2N 2Z8 fax: (519)743-4225email: email@example.com We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.