Job ID: 00987469
Facility: Kelowna General Hospital
Interior Health is hiring a casual Food Service Supervisor for Kelowna, BC. In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Food Services Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the Food Service operations in the designated facilities.
The typical duties and responsibilities of a Food Services Supervisor include:
- Supervises designated staff by scheduling and co-ordinating work assignments, determining related training and orientation requirements, and providing feedback to employees.
- In consultation with the Clinical Dietician, plans menus and develops recipes according to nutritional and therapeutic diet needs of the patients/residents.
- Estimates food requirements, and orders and receives supplies and resolves discrepancies with suppliers.
- Visits patients/residents and/or family members to obtain and exchange diet-related information.
- Monitors expenditures for assigned areas; makes recommendations regarding budget allocations and resolves discrepancies for the assigned areas.
- Evaluates meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
- Coordinates meal preparation, pricing and other related duties for community based services such as Meals on Wheels
- Assists in co-ordinating and maintaining facility in-house services by coordinating cafeteria services including pricing, staffing allotment, coordinating closure of cafeteria and securing money upon closure.
- Performs recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met.
- Monitors the storage of food, supplies and related items.
Hours of work: 06:00 - 14:00, 12:00 - 20:00, Rotating Days This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
- Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Supervision
- One year's recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food Safe Certificate
Kelowna is a worldwide tourist destination. Surrounded by a glorious range of mountains is a sanctuary filled with pristine lakes, pine forests, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches and superb amenities. It has miles of beautiful parklands and a multitude of sandy beaches provide wonderful opportunities for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing and fishing. Even Kelowna's main street ends at a beach! Most golf courses are open nine months out of the year. In cooler months, our snow-capped mountains and pine filled forests are a haven for skiers, boarders, snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists of all types and levels. Three major ski hills are within a one hour drive - Big White, Silver Star and Apex, as well as several cross country ski hills such as Sovereign Lake Nordic Club. More than 30 unique wineries offer tours and tastings for all palates. That’s not all. Kelowna’s growing Cultural District covers a six-block downtown area and features an array of galleries, museums, theatres, artists’ studios, fine dining, unique shops and a vibrant cultural life all year long. Prospera Place, a 6,000-seat multi-purpose facility home to the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, attracts major entertainers and events, and is also located in the heart of the city. Kelowna, home of the Ogopogo and the only floating bridge in Canada!
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Visit Jobs.InteriorHealth.ca and apply to competition # 00987469
* Please upload a copy of your Food Service Supervision and Food Safe certificate*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED**