DIETARY MANAGER - Laurier Manor
Candidates are invited to apply for the above full-time position to work at our 242 bed long-term care facility, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Reporting to the site Administrator, the Dietary Manager is accountable for all aspects of dietary services within the home to meet the nutritional needs of residents, and to ensure the effective and efficient preparation and delivery of food to the residents.
- Plan, organize, and provide high quality dietary services for residents of each facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles, best practice, and standardization to workflow, performance, production and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff works as a team, ensure high level of productivity and best use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families, team members, government officials, and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.) or a Registered Dietician required
- Post-secondary education in dietary management and the successful completion of a recognized Food Services Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary management experience in long-term care setting.
- Member of a recognized Food Service Supervisor’s Association.
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees.
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Please forward your resume to the attention of:
Donna Law, RD
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.