Food Service Supervisor / Diet Technician - Vancouver, BC
We are currently recruiting for the following position(s):
Position Title: Food Service Supervisor / Diet Technician
Location: St. Paul Hospital, Vancouver, BC
Schedule(s): Full-time/ Part time/Casual
Flexibility in availability may be required as schedule is subject to change based on operational requirements. The operation is open 6:00am to 8:30pm, 7 days a week.
The Supervisor is responsible for daily operations of the kitchen including: scheduling, QA, food & physical safety. The incumbent will utilize strong organizational and leadership skills to direct frontline employees.
The Diet Technician is responsible for assisting the Clinical staff in the provision of Nutritional Care to inpatients and outpatients using Computrition. In carrying out assigned responsibilities, the incumbent must ensure that all staff under his/her supervision complies with client, corporate and division policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- interpret and/or calculate individual therapeutic and special diet orders
- establish and maintain individualized patient files in the dietary computer system
- identify and monitor specific patients to ensure that tray tickets are complete and accurate
- process diet change requests into Computrition system
- performs clerical duties and assists with planning and executing special assignments and follow- up
- sets up nourishments and marks menus as per standard guidelines
- acts as a liaison between Clinical and Food Service areas
- promotes and maintains excellent customer relations and effective on-going communication with all levels of staff and clients
- other tasks, duties and assignments as directed by Manager.
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management or Degree in Dietetics
- Current membership with CSNM, or current member of College of Dietitians
- English proficiency, verbal and written.
- Food Safe Certificate 1 & 2
- Current vaccinations
- Security clearance
- Problem Solving, Planning, and Organizational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and Team Building Skills
- Effective Communicator
- Excellent computer skills
- Appreciate and Manage Diversity
- Working knowledge of Computrition an asset
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence by March 15, 2018 to the attention of:
Roat Lim, MSc, RD
General Manager - Patient Food Services
Sodexo - St Paul's Hospital