Dufferin Oaks Long Term Care Home is currently recruiting for a
Food Services Manager
(Permanent Full Time)
Reporting to the Administrator, the Food Services Manager provides an organized program of dietary services within a long term care home to provide safe, personally acceptable food to clients that meets their nutritional care needs. This includes preparation and service of meals for 160 residents, Adult Day Program participants, Congregate Dining participants, catering and the Shelburne Meals on Wheels program.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide departmental leadership to ensure high quality, solutions focused, and client-centered approach to service delivery
- Develops and implements policy and procedure manuals for reference for all dietary staff.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining standards of food preparation and service in accordance with all current legislation.
- Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, disciplining and discharging staff.
- Contributes to the development of and administers the departmental budget.
- In conjunction with the Registered Dietitian and in consultation with clients, establishes a cycle menu that meets Ministry of Health and Long Term Care standards and dietetic practice guidelines.
- Establishes a Departmental Continuous Quality Improvement program to ensure standards are being met and to promote excellence in the provision of client-centered care.
- Is knowledgeable of and complies with all relevant legislation, regulations, standards and contracts (Long Term Care Homes Act, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Collective Agreements, etc.).
- Contributes to the development of home policies and procedures.
Preferred qualifications are as follows:
- Graduate of a recognized program in Food Services Management.
- A minimum of three years of management experience in institutional food services management in a health care setting, preferably in long- term care.
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or current registration with the College of Dietitians required.
- Experience with Accreditation through CARF, an asset.
- Knowledge of PointClickCare, Synergy and Microsoft Office.
- Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector screening.
This position is open to both internal and external candidates. The salary range for this position is $39.01 - $45.64 per hour. (Grade 9 on the 2017 Salary Grid.) Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and cover letter on or before Friday May 18th, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. by email to:
All applicants are thanked for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will receive a response. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection and will not be used for any other reason. The County is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.