Food Service Manager
Belvedere Seniors Living provides Complex Care and Independent/Assisted Living to residents living in our homes in Coquitlam, Surrey and South Surrey, BC. We are a dynamic organization that uses a management team approach to our corporate strategies.
We are currently recruiting a Food Service Manager who is eager to make a difference in the total life care of seniors at our newest building in South Surrey – Suncrest Retirement Community. Our preferred candidate will provide leadership and direction to the dietary staff, demonstrate superior knowledge of nutrition services, particularly in gerontology, and function comfortably in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides leadership and direction for resident care and services by:
- Supervising and providing direction to food service staff to ensure sanitary conditions in the preparation and delivery of food.
- Collaborating with the Dietitian and Resident Services Manager to plan and develop or review menus and therapeutic diets
- Performing recommended audits to ensure that established food service and quality assurance standards are met
- Evaluating meals being served to ensure established standards of quality and quantity are maintained.
Education and Experience
- Graduation from a recognized two-year program in Food Service Management
- CSNM certification is an asset
- Geriatric experience preferred
- Food Safe Certificate
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess the personal qualities and attitudes that respect and maintain the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents.
- Must be in good health, free from any communicable diseases and physically and mentally able to carry out the assigned duties in the working environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Utilize a multi-disciplinary approach in the coordination of nutritional needs of the residents.
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position.
- A motivating and supportive work environment
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth
- Salary and benefits at competitive levels with additional compensation based on skills, abilities, and knowledge.
The reader can review more about our operations by visiting: http://www.belvederebc.com/.
Please address applications to:
Fax: 604 939 5910