Job Title: Assistant Cook
Job Opening Id: 20212 #
Business Unit: Community Services
Division: Long Term Care Homes
Location: The Woodlands of Sunset
Standard Hours: 20.00 / week
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Salary Grade: 10
Salary Range: $ 22.68 - $ 23.11
Post Date: 2018-04-25
Close Date: 2018-05-22
Relieves the Cook as required and assumes the duties of the Cook at this time. When not assuming the Cook's duties, assists the Cook with all food production. Prepares, cooks and portions food in compliance with therapeutic diet needs and restrictions. With the aid of recipes and menus, performs general and specialized cooking at the Senior Citizens Homes, maintaining high standards of quality production that meets the nutritional needs of the residents under the direction of the Food Services Manager. Maintains health standards as set out by the Home and the Medical Officer of Health.
- Graduation from Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have Cook 1 papers.
- A current Safe Food Handling Certificate from Public Health
- Minimum of 1 month of current direct institutional cooking experience.
- A knowledge of kitchen operating procedures, food storage, and safekeeping.
- Safety and fire regulation awareness.
- Must have a clear understanding of Canada's Food Guide.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Ability to read menus and apply mathematical fractions and decimals to adjust recipes and cooking times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff and residents.
- Good standards of cleanliness and order.
- Reliable and conscientious.
- Well organized and have acceptable pace to meet time schedules.
- Must be able to exercise judgement and initiative.
- Must have a good attendance record.
- High food standards with an interest to upgrade.
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Posting #20212
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than May 22, 2018 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.