Full-Tim Food Services Supervisor - Orangeville, ON
Headwaters Health Care Centre is a medium-size acute and complex continuing care facility, offering both inpatient and outpatient services, as well as an Emergency Department with 24/7 coverage, and serves over 135, 000 primarily from the communities of Dufferin County and the Town of Caledon. Headwaters is accredited with Exemplary Standing by Accreditation Canada, the highest designation a hospital can receive. By offering care closer to home and putting patients first, Headwaters aims to provide an exceptional experience every time. Headwaters is currently seeking a:
132-18 Full-Time Food Services Supervisor
Under the direction of the Manager of Food Services, Clinical Nutrition, the Food Service Supervisor (FSS) is accountable for the provision of safe, nutritious food within the established policies and approved budgets of the department in order to provide services of the highest quality. The FSS will be involved in all aspects of food service operations including purchasing, production, assembly, and distribution. FSS will assist with managing personnel, food equipment and cost, assist with training staff, quality improvement, coordination of inventory and procurement for food services, ensuring safety and sanitation standards, and ensuring nutrition and diet standards are met. FSS will be involved in the implementation and maintenance of the food services computerized menu program.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Graduate of recognized college with diploma in Food Service and Nutrition Management program or graduate of a
University Nutrition degree program required
• Current Food Handlers Certification required
• Membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers required or must obtain within 9 months of hire.
• 2-4 years’ experience supervising staff in food preparation and service operations according to department goals,
Occupational Health & Safety and Public Health standards and HACCP guidelines
• A thorough knowledge of therapeutic nutrition in an acute care setting required
• Knowledge of medical terminology required
• Excellent organization, communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
• Experience in monitoring, maintaining and improving quality standards through audits, surveys, checks and inspections
• Experience in menu planning and evaluation according to nutrition standards (an asset)
• Experience with a centralized cold-plating food service system (an asset)
• Previous food service supervisory/purchasing and computerized menu program experience
• Familiarity with union contracts (an asset)
• Proficient computer skills in data input and Microsoft Office Software
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
For further information about Headwaters Health Care Centre, please visit www.headwatershealth.ca
To confidentially explore this opportunity, please e-mail your resume and cover letter quoting job number 132-18 to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all resumes, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.