Food Service Supervisor - Part Time - Orilla, ON
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Food Service Supervisor
We are currently looking for a part time Food Service Supervisor who will be accountable for overseeing Food Service Operations at our long term care facility in Orillia. 30 hours biweekly.
Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Direct daily activities in absence of FSM.
• Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, Public Health requirements.
• Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment.
• Ensure that all food items are served as per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner according to departmental
policies and procedures.
• Participate in resident care conferences and admission meetings.
• Completing Resident Nutritional Assessments; including quarterly MDS assessments.
• Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork.
• Participate in the purchase of food, and supplies as well as monthly food inventory
• Implements and maintains the activities of the Quality Improvement audit schedule;
• Proficiency in multi-tasking.
• Attend food service meetings with staff.
• Perform other duties as requested by the Operations Manager whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be necessary
to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program.
• Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management is mandatory.
• Completion of a recognized Food Service Supervisor or Food Service Management program.
• Previous experience in food service in a healthcare environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with residents and co-workers.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation
• Proficient in Word and Excel.
• Familiar with managing employees in a unionized environment.
• Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employee.
• Must be flexible and adapt easily to changes in schedule, work assignments and environment.
• Must be willing and capable of working in fast paced environment
• Must be able to successfully pass a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Hours of work are flexible, successful candidate must be available for some evenings. Typical shifts are 08:00-16:00 and 10:00-18:00
Please forward your resumes to the attention of:
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.