Food Service Supervisor, Retail Food - Peterborough, ON
Food Service Supervisor, Retail Food – Peterborough, Ontario
Imagine belonging to a team that delights in the power of healing and bringing out the best in others. Working in the healthcare food industry is amazing, because you can have a positive impact every day—on medical professionals, patients and visitors. This is so much more than a job. This is an opportunity to change lives—one day at a time. Join us and become our Food Service Supervisor, Retail Food.
The Food Service Supervisor, Retail Food is responsible for managing food service units that offer popular brands and programs such as Pizza Pizza, Ritazza, Balanced Choices, The Grille, Menutainment and Tim Horton’s. This role participates in the successful execution of Retail unit goals, objectives, operational and marketing plans as set out by the Manager.
Why work with Morrison? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. Nutrition is critical in healthcare and healing. That’s why we’re focused on delivering quality food services to patients, visitors, and hospitals employees. In addition to our culinary programs, we provide laundry, housekeeping, and facilities management.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Food Service Supervisors, Retail Food, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
• Conduct operation audits of Branded concepts and design improvements to optimize financial performance and operational
• Audit units to ensure conformance with branded concepts standards, government and accrediting agency standards,
regulations and codes regarding food storage, preparation, sanitation, and record keeping.
• Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Oversee meal Policy adherence with associates; evaluate food for quality control, temperature, appearance, and portion size;
investigate complaints regarding unit operation and effect satisfaction solutions.
• Assist in the preparation of cash deposit and reports in accordance to Compass cash control standards and procedures.
• Ensure appropriate staff coverage in all areas of service and production and work collaboratively with Staff to ensure the
successful execution of Morrison’s branded concepts and retail standards.
• Plan and conduct team meetings, making full use of support staff as needed.
• Will occasionally need to replace Assistant Managers/Supervisors when they are absent, train in production, food safety
• Help Supervisors and Managers during large catering events.
• Provide visible presence during peak service hours, answer employee and customer inquiries and concerns promptly.
• Provide input in staff hiring, training, coaching and disciplining.
Think you have what it takes to be our next Food Service Supervisor, Retail Food? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
• Two years of related food service experience and a food service/hospitality degree or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of food preparation, food safety and restaurant service.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Familiar with Windows, MS Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Basic accounting skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbal and written).
• Ability to exercise initiative and work independently.
If interested, please apply via the following link by June 15, 2018: