Student Opportunity - Nutritional Support Assistant - Stratford, ON
MANUAL: HUMAN RESOURCES
SUBJECT: JOB DESCRIPTION- NUTRTIONAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
SUB-SECTION: JOB DESCRIPTIONS
EFFECTIVE DATE: MAY 2018
As a valued member of the team, the Nutritional Support Assistant (Summer Student) will demonstrate a commitment to resident safety by providing quality care in accordance with the organization’s vision and mission.
QUALIFICATIONS for Summer Grant program
(Ideally looking for a College or University Student that is a CSNM or RD Candidate)
• Must have be registered as a Full-Time student during preceding academic year
• Must be intending to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year.
• Must be between the age of 15 & 30 years of age.
• Knowledge of medical/ diet terminology would be an asset
• Genuine interest in and concern for seniors
• Ability to be flexible and work both independently & as a team.
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel & Word)
• Highly organized and able to work in a busy environment.
• Patient and courteous, tactful and diplomatic.
• Professional appearance and behavior.
• Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
• Setting & clearing of tables in dining areas.
• Assists in maintaining the food service department in a safe and sanitary manner
• Provides assists to the cook in preparation and service of meals
• Assisting in ordering, receiving, managing inventory of groceries and incoming supplies
• Supports and participates in Quality improvement projects as deemed by the Director of Culinary Service
• Conducts Quality Audits and Surveys residents for assessment, intake, and choice.
• Clerical functions to include - Data entry into menu & ordering system, Photocopying &Answering of phones
• Perform other duties as required.
• Work in accordance with the organization’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Post-Secondary desired but not a must
• Field of Studies ~ Chef, Cook, Dietitian,
• Pushing/pulling content;
• Crouching, kneeling, stooping/bending for short periods of time;
• Walking and climbing stairs frequently;
• Standing for long periods of time;
Start Date – June 18,2018
Rate of Pay - $ 14.00 per hour
Total Hours per week – 30 hours
Length of employment – 8 weeks
Apply to job – firstname.lastname@example.org