Dietary Services Supervisor - Northumberland County, ON
Located an hour east of Toronto, the thriving Southeastern Ontario community of Northumberland County has a rich history of agricultural production, world-class manufacturing, and economic viability. As the upper tier of municipal government, we weave together seven diverse yet complementary municipalities.
Currently, we are looking to fill the following existing vacancy:
Dietary Services Supervisor, Golden Plough Lodge
- Permanent, full-time position
The Golden Plough Lodge is a one hundred and fifty-one (151) bed long-term care facility that is owned and operated by the County of Northumberland.
The Dietary Services Supervisor, under the direction of the Dietary Services Manager will work closely with the registered dietician, perform assessments on low and moderate risk residents, refer clinical issues identified during documentation reviews and conduct quality assurance audits.
Qualifications & skills:
- College diploma in Food Service and Nutrition Management
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.) is required
- Minimum 2 years’ nutrition management experience in a long-term care setting
- Experience supervising employees within a unionized setting
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills to direct the work of employees
- Strong organization, time management, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles, and legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of MOHLTC standards and regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Knowledge of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Point Click Care and purchasing software are considered assets
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with senior leadership team, peers, residents, and external contacts
The successful candidate will also be required to submit a satisfactory vulnerable sector check prior to the commencement of employment. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.
When emailing your application, please indicate what source you found this posting in and please ensure your cover letter, résumé, and any other supporting documents are submitted in one file (preferably MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf)). Please also indicate in your cover letter your preferred method of contact: text, email, or phone call.
We invite you to submit your application by 4:30pm on Friday, June 22nd, 2018 to:
County of Northumberland
555 Courthouse Road
Cobourg, ON K9A 5J6
Please note that accommodations are available, upon request, to support applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 905-372-3329 ext. 2327. Alternative formats of this job posting are available upon request.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.