Director of Food & Nutrition - Fort Frances, ON
Director of Food & Nutrition - Riverside Health Care
Location: Fort Frances, Ontario
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.ca
Aramark is seeking a Director of Food & Nutrition who will be responsible for daily operations of the food service departments across several Riverside Health Care locations in the Rainy River District in Northwestern Ontario. The Food & Nutrition Director plans, administers and directs all unit activities related to food service, including Aramark and client financial accountability, and compliance with the standards established by Aramark, regulatory agencies and client.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal food quality and meal service, and drive patient and customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Interacts with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels of client organization, including conducting rounding. Identifies Aramark service expansion opportunities.
- Provides overall direction and manages performance for all Food Service Supervisors and front line employees, ensuring employee development, engagement and compliance with human resource related policies and standards, including conducting applicable rounding.
- Directs, staffs, and trains food service department regarding food presentation, quality, cost control, and cash handling.
- Develops operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances. Responsible for component's accounting functions.
- Ensures compliance with all contract obligations.
- Bachelor Degree in nutrition preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of food management experience in a healthcare environment, acute or long term care setting
- CSNM certification and membership
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer services, and building and growing a strong business.
- Ability to communicate (listening, verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of the client and support staff.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing demands.
- Ability to write business letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Requires strong management and leadership skills, and the ability to work with confidential employee, client, and Aramark information.
You can visit the Aramark Careers site to apply to this requisition here: https://cacareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/150470/director-of-food-%26-nutrition---riverside-health-care/job
Alternatively, you can email your application directly to Lucy Morozov, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.