Dietary Manager (Food Service Supervisor - Manitoulin Island
Does waking up to the awesome beauty of an island sun, rising over crystal clear lakes excite you?
Are you looking for that perfect work/life balance?
Are you passionate about working with seniors and providing them with outstanding service?
Then this opportunity is for you!
Beautiful Manitoulin Island is a unique scenic region, where Aboriginal life and legend meld with European history to provide an unforgettable experience. Our client is dedicated to providing the highest standard of holistic quality care in a home-like atmosphere where each Elder is honored, respected and cared for in a compassionate loving environment. Using their Grandfather Teachings: Wisdom, Love Respect, Bravery, Honesty Humility and Truth, our clients’ main value is Caring for their Elders with Excellence.
Our valued client is currently seeking a DIETARY MANAGER (FOOD SERVICES SUPERVISOR) to join their team!
• Will visit each new admission within seven days of arrival to have a dietary profile completed.
• Complete nutritional reviews on all low and moderate risk residents at minimum quarterly.
• Monitor residents assessed by the Registered Dietician to be at moderate or low nutritional risk.
• Liaise regularly with the Registered Dietician regarding the nutritional care plans of residents and document any changes
in nutritional status accordingly.
• Participate in the interdisciplinary care conferences and document results of these reviews.
• Develop a statement of purpose for the Food Services Department, in conjunction with the Registered Dietician, and food
service staff, which includes setting of goals and objectives and standards by which the department delivers care and services
to the residents
• Procure all food and non-food supplies needed for the effective operation of the department.
• Establish meal production schedules, standardized recipes and supervise food production.
• Develop menus in consultation with the resident’s and the Registered Dietician.
• Participate in the interdisciplinary committees and activities including:
o Food Committee
o Resident and Family Care Teams
o Professional Advisory Committee
o Continuous Quality Improvement Committee
o Occupational Health and Safety Committee
• Hire, orientate, and schedule all dietary staff and complete job routines for each position.
• Participate in budget control through monitoring food and supply costs and minimizing waste.
• Facilitate open communication with dietary staff and encourage decision making at staff level.
• Supervise maintenance of records and reports relating to food costs, inventory of equipment and supplies, portion
control, time schedules and departmental budgets.
• Ensure that sanitation and safe food handling procedure are followed at all times.
• Ensure that all the policies relating to Health and Safety are adhered to.
• Ensure that all Infection Control Standards are adhered to.
• Completion of an approved course in Nutritional Management.
• Member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management.
• Three years experience in a long-term care setting
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Regulation 79/10 made under the Long Term Care
Homes Act 2007,
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Food Premises Act, Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy
Eating and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of nutritional needs of the elderly.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of quantity and quality food production.
• Demonstrate knowledge of continuous quality improvement and outcome monitoring and success indicators
• a competitive compensation package including benefits has been designed to attract star performers
Please apply in confidence to:
Maxwell Management Group Ltd.
1-855-305-4078 ext. 202
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews.
If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.
” Leaders helping Leaders, we welcome your referrals”. If this opportunity is not a fit for your background and experience
please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.