Food Management Career Track - Calgary, AB
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.ca
We’re looking for the new dreamers and doers to join our Accelerate to Leadership (A2L) Program! This early leader development program targets recent college graduates regardless of major and is designed to provide the tools & resources you’ll need to successfully learn the business and set yourself on an accelerated path to a leadership role in the organization!
The A2L Program offers Career Tracks that provide key milestone experiences specific to each career track. These milestones are standardized nationally across all lines of business. The Career Tracks are as follows: Each of these career tracks, are outlined in the Responsibilities section below.
- Food Management
- Facilities Management
- Culinary Management
- Marketing Management
- Finance / Accounting
- Human Resources
The A2L Program also provides a combination of trainings, structured account experiences, and on-the-job learning. You’ll spend approximately 15% of your time committed to training and structured program activities, with the rest of your time focused on:
- On the job training in a leadership or individual contributor position (dependent upon career track)
- Key milestone experiences specific to the career track that are standardized across all lines of business
- Structured career path towards a targeted leadership role post program
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors & managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
Food Management Career Track:
This career track is inclusive of management roles in Concessions, Catering, Retail, and Hospitality. An A2L participant in this career track will bring to life the customer’s food experience with the ability to respond effectively to changing client demands. The A2L will be responsible for ensuring that requirements for appropriate sanitation, waste and food safety levels in respective areas are met. They will also coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing, employee training and ensuring exceptional customer experiences. The A2L will perform other functions as required, such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Bachelor's Degree required, concentration in Nutrition preferred. Dietitian or CSNM certification an asset. (Must graduate between 2016 – August 2018 to be eligible for the FY18 A2L Program)
- The start date for this program would be July, 2018.
- All degree requirements must be completed prior to the start date of the program (including any final internship requirements).
- A minimum of 6 months of work experience; including internship/co-op experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Cost control, budget responsibilities or inventory management experience desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Ability / openness to relocation according to program / business need
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
You can visit the Aramark Careers site to apply to this requisition here: https://cacareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/168922/accelerate-to-leadership-program-2018---healthcare-operations/job
Alternatively, you can email your application directly to Lucy Morozov, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org