Patient Food Services Supervisor - Claresholm, AB
Patient Food Services Supervisor
Requisition #: ALB00003452
Location: Claresholm, Alberta
Employee Class: Regular Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $24.31 - $41.77 per hour
This Patient Food Services Supervisor position oversees food services at two locations in the welcoming rural community of Claresholm, Alberta, one hour south of Calgary. The Claresholm Centre for Mental Health and Addictions (CCMHA) is unique in the Calgary Zone. This is a 120 bed inpatient and community focused psychiatric rehabilitation centre. The Food Services department at CCMHA also provides meals to the 16-bed Claresholm General Hospital and Claresholm Meals on Wheels clients. Willow Creek Continuing Care Centre (WCCC) is a 100-bed continuing care facility providing ‘aging in place’ care for residents whose needs are more complex.
The Town of Claresholm is located midway between Calgary and Lethbridge on Highway 2. It is 104 km south of Calgary and 90 km northwest of Lethbridge. Claresholm rests on the fringe of the most spectacular part of Alberta’s foothills, providing easy access to an endless number of mountain vistas and recreational opportunities.
The Patient Food Services Supervisor reports to the Manager, Patient Food Services and is responsible for maintaining patient and staff/visitor food service operations at the site level. This position provides direction to front line workers and ensures that patients and residents receive the meals required to promote good health.
As a key member of the Nutrition and Food Services team, you are responsible for leading and mentoring staff, promoting safe work environments, managing budgets, and implementing organizational and departmental initiatives. Patient Food Supervisors may act a key contact to site administration and patient care for matters relating to Patient Food Services. This position routinely interacts with dietitians, health care staff, patients and their families.
The Supervisor position is an introduction to the operations management stream and could lead to other opportunities within Nutrition and Food Services Management.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Nutrition and Food Service Management required.
- A minimum of 3 years in a Patient Food Services/Health Care management role, ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity.
- Combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Proven organizational, time-management, and decision-making skills.
- Must be reliable and capable of working under limited supervision and able to apply logical thinking and problem solving to a range of situations.
- Competence in a computerized work environment.
- Supervisory, leadership, coaching and conflict management skills are essential.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Safe Food Handling certification and WHMIS training are an asset.
Note: This position requires a vehicle for business use. Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work-related travel is required.
Apply online and join our dynamic team!