Quality Systems Manager - Nutrition - Toronto, ON
Position title: Quality Systems Manager - Nutrition
Department: Supply Chain Management
Position band: Supervisory/Consultant
Reports to: Senior Manager, Quality Systems
Type of position: Full-time, Permanent
Date of posting: October 2, 2017
Assist in managing product nutrition and ingredient information in our database and published materials. Providing technical expertise and guidance in nutrient analysis, nutrition, and ingredient labelling, regulatory affairs and nutrition strategy and communications to internal and external customers.
• Manage our nutrition and ingredient database and files to ensure accuracy and compliance with company guidelines and
• Develop compliant Nutrition Facts tables, ingredient statements and allergen labelling for our products.
• Manage regulatory review of all nutrition and ingredient related materials ensuring adherence to Canadian regulatory,
legislative and scientific guidelines.
• Exhibit an in-depth knowledge of products, nutrition topics and the corporate position, translating all information into
potential business and brand opportunities.
• Effectively work with suppliers to obtain and critically review ingredients, nutrition and formula information
• Generate or assist in generating all internal and external nutrition and ingredient data/tables/modeling/declarations and
materials to support our external commitments and/or the needs of various diverse internal departments
• Support internal departments in creation and review of claims, product names and descriptions ensuring compliance while
showcasing our products.
• Support internal departments by answering category, product, ingredient or nutritional inquiries.
• Provide responses to customer or external inquiries.
• Provide nutrition expertise for key departments, supporting and contributing to product innovation and development goals.
Committed to Lead
• Stay current with technical developments in nutrition science and key health and wellness trends.
• Represent the Canadian organization on Global corporate nutrition teams and interact with international corporate partners.
• Support other quality systems or supply chain responsibilities such as commercialization of new food products, supplier
audit approvals, and restaurant food safety, as required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in either Food Science or Nutrition Science. Masters or Doctorate is an asset.
• Registered Dietitian and member of the Dietitians of Canada is an asset.
• Experience in food and/or foodservice industry (5 years) in regulatory affairs or nutrition management.
Previous McDonald’s Restaurant experience is an asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all manner of audiences, including executive leadership.
• Initiative and ability to take on multiple tasks and own strategic deliverables.
• Has ability to positively influence others in ways that inspire them to take action and/or change perspective.
• Ability to speak French is an asset
The successful candidate must display, to some degree, the following behaviours:
• Stand with the Guest
• Inspire Others to Shine
• Collaborate Across Boundaries
• Focus on Shared Purpose
• Seek New Ways
To apply for this role, email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org