Part time Cook- Scarborough, ON
SHEPHERD VILLAGE INC.
Terms: Permanent Part time, Days, Weekend, and Evenings
Reporting To: Food Service Supervisor
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Shepherd Village Inc. Long term care facility located in Scarborough currently has openings for part time cook.
• Prepare and cook full course meals following therapeutic menus/production sheets and standardized recipes.
• Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietician/production coordinator
• Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies/intolerances.
• Work with specialized cooking equipment.
• Train dietary staff in food preparation procedures.
• Following safe food handling practices.
• Prepare meals for catering events.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions.
• Ensures all food items are labelled and dated.
• Red seal certification required
• Current food handler’s certificate required
• Current food service worker certificate required
• 1 year cooking experience in institutional large quantity cooking.
• Able to follow recipes and production sheets.
• Ability to read, write and speak English.
• Baking experience is an asset.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested applicants please forward their resumes to the attention of:
Food Service Supervisor
Shepherd Village Inc.