Nutrition Services Supervisor - Timmins, ON
NUTRITION SERVICES SUPERVISOR
(Golden Manor Home for the Aged)
(Competition No.: GM-2018-10)
Reporting to the Administrator, the Nutrition Services Supervisor is responsible for directing, planning, organizing and overseeing the activities of the Dietary Department at the Golden Manor. You will ensure that the nutritional needs of each resident are met within the established budget and according to the requirements of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007. As a skilled leader, you bring a positive attitude, solid team-building skills and the ability to relate to and engage staff.Major Responsibilities:
- Establish, implement and revise departmental policies and procedures for the provision of an effective food and nutrition service.
- Set departmental goals and objectives that are consistent with the mission, vision and values and that support the key strategic priorities of the Golden Manor.
- Manage the activities and performance of staff in the dietary department, providing work direction, setting priorities, assigning tasks, determining methods and procedures to be used, resolving problems and ensuring results are achieved.
- Establish and maintain standards of food preparation and services in accordance with current legislation.
- Supervise food preparation for resident meals in accordance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Manage staff recruitment, hiring, scheduling, performance, attendance, training and capacity building, progressive discipline, investigations and all aspects of labour relations (may be in collaboration with HR).
- Maintain daily communication with staff, and complete daily inspections and scheduled audits with appropriate intervention and follow-up. This may require presence outside of usual business hours as per departmental needs.
- Ensure effective departmental and interdepartmental communication and teamwork.
- Develop, monitor and analyze the departmental operating and capital budgets, and authorize expenditures within approved limits.
- Maintain a trained staff complement and develop their work schedules to ensure departmental coverage as per collective agreements and legislation.
- Provide management support to the Clinical Dietician.
- In collaboration with the Dietician and in consultation with residents, establish a menu cycle that meets MOHLTC standards and dietetic practice guidelines.
- Coordinate the ordering, inventory management, distribution and appropriate and safe use of supplies and equipment for the dietary department.
- Complete all ordering, inventory and receiving of Raw Food within approved budget.
- Support the continuous quality improvement program by completing inspection protocols, indicators, annual program evaluations, quality scorecard and participating in Accreditation related activities in order to promote excellence in the provision of resident-centered care.
- As a member of the Supervisor team, actively lead and/or participate on teams and committees as required.
- Participate on the Supervisor on-call roster.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and maintain compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations, standards and contracts e.g. Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 and Regulations; Public Health, Accreditation Canada; Occupational Health & Safety Act; Collective Agreements, and others.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Graduate of an accredited post-secondary (college or university) program in Food Service and Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietician.
- Member in good standing of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management required or eligibility for CSNM designation.
- Food Handlers Certificate required.
- Knowledge/expertise with RAI/MDS an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience preferably in a long-term care setting and in a unionized environment.
- Previous experience in staff scheduling.
- Thorough knowledge of compliance and enforcement under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 – the LTC Quality Inspection Program and Resident Quality Inspection (RQI) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in food service or nutrition management.
- Strong background and knowledge of food service production.
- Proficient in the use of computers: Point Click Care; Microsoft Office; Outlook; Staff Schedule Care (staff scheduling software); etc.
- Effective written and oral communication.
- Current clear Criminal Background Check with Vulnerable Sector Screen.
As per the Non-Union Remuneration and Benefits Program All applications must be received in the Human Resources Department by the closing date of June 15, 2018.BY MAIL
: 220 Algonquin Blvd. East Timmins, ON P4N 1B3 HAND DELIVERY:
236 Algonquin Blvd. East, 2nd Floor Timmins, ON P4N 1B2 VIA FAX:
705-360-2685 VIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone:
“Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Although we may have your application on file, you must re-apply for this specific competition.
Pour de l’information en français, veuillez appeler le 360-2600, poste 2312.”
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER