Food Service Supervisor – Healthcare - Sioux Lookout, ON
Food Service Supervisor – Healthcare
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world's leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.ca
The Food Service Supervisor plans, administers, directs and manages retail, food production and patient services area, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads food service department. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified food service experience for patients, residents, visitors and employees. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Drives patient satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding. Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department to include the Food Service Supervisors and/or front line staff regarding food presentation and quality of service.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the department.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population
- Demonstrates accountability for the proper use of patients' protected health information.
- Manages and controls resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines
- Associate's Degree or diploma/2-year food services degree in Dietetics, Nutrition, Food Service Management, Hospitality
- CSNM Membership
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
- Working knowledge of HACCP in a large volume facility
- Ability to communicate (listening, verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
You can visit the Aramark Careers site to apply to this requisition here: https://cacareers-aramark.icims.com/jobs/176951/food-service-supervisor---healthcare/job
Alternatively, you can email your application directly to Lucy Morozov, Talent Acquisition Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org